Friday, January 29, 2010

Young Girl with Long Hair or Young Girl in a Straw Hat



















This is Pierre-Auguste Renoir's Young Girl with Long Hair or Young Girl in a Straw Hat, painted in 1884. It is located in the Galerie Daniel Malingue, in Paris, France.
Since I didn't find any information on the piece, you're going to have to read my opinion and my opinion only. One of the first things I notice about the painting is that the girl's surroundings, hat, and hair are all done in very noticable, separate strokes of the paintbrush. Her face, on the other hand, blends together a lot better. Perhaps this is simply an illusion because her face is a much lighter color than everything else. Another thing that I notice is the background. It's a little multi-colored, which makes me try to figure out what it is. Because of the way it is blurry, I doubt it's some sort of wall covering or fabric.
One of the other things that are very noticable is the lady's hair. It's a very bright color, which is very rarely seen.
Another thing that I have noticed, especially about Renoir's paintings, is that it is always called exactly what is drawn. On the other hand, in literature for example, books are often titled something that makes you interested to find out more, but when you hear the name Young Girl with Long Hair or Young Girl with Daisies, you know exactly what is going to be on the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment